443 members, 114 topics. February 17, 2019, 12:17 am
(1) (Go Down)
To go traditional in book publishing is something you should strive for, especially if you don’t have the financial chance to be so involved in the processes of Self-publishing. More so, if you publish with the right company, traditional publishing pays a lot.
Books by Ayebia
This article would focus on one of the Leading Trado-publisher in Africa, Ayebia African and Caribbean Publishers
Find below the requirements needed to get your book published with them.
1. Read Their Books : Not necessarily all. Try to read their works. If you can get your hands on the summaries of their books, do that also. It would give you a chance to know if your book can be published with them.
2. You Need To Contact Them by email firstname.lastname@example.org With The Following:
b. Short Bio
c. Covering letter
a. Synopsis : Send Synopsis not blurb or Teaser: Synopsis is what the editors read before they read some parts of your novel. The synopsis gives them details on the main theme, major character, and the major conflict.
Whereas, a teaser is just to catch the readers’ attention. For example:
The Enchanted Swans by Christy Nicholas
Fionnuala must care for her three brothers while learning to live under an evil curse. Will she find a way to break the spell, or will they remain swans, tethered to three places for nine hundred years?
Meanwhile, Blurbs are quotes from other people on your book.
Try to make sure your synopsis is not more than 500 words
b. Short Bio: Just essential details and not writing history. That will be covered in your cover letter.
c. Cover letter: This is like an application Letter. You're telling them reasons you're the best person to write the book. There, you can include your writing history.
3. Format Your Work: Use the following format for any work you want to send to them;
justify to the left.
4. No hard Copy: they don’t accept hard copies or links to your blog.
5. Wait For Eight Weeks: although they reply earlier than that, if they don't reply after eight weeks. Motivate yourself or try some of the other publishers in the related posts to this below.
6. Don't send the original copy of your work and have copies of your work. They won't return the copy sent to them.
7. Edit! Edit! Edit!!!
|WriterTain - Copyright © 2018 Akintayo Akinjide (Admin). All rights reserved. Follow WriterTain on Facebook and Twitter|
Disclaimer: Every WriterTain member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on WriterTain.